Telstar Insulrap – Care and Maintenance
Once Telstar Insulrap has been installed on your exhaust system, there are a few things that you should watch for:
- Inspect for any cuts or tears in the outer skin. If found, clean affected areas with a degreaser and let dry. Apply silicone sealant PLT-310 to the affected area and smooth out until cut is sealed. (Allow approximately 1 hour to cure.)
- Inspect for the presence of oils or fuels, especially in joint areas or around the turbo. If any is found, use a degreaser to remove. If at that time, you feel that the insulation or liner has become contaminated, remove and replace that section.
- If a major repair is required, we suggest that you use PT-3 and PLT-310 or PT-3, T-Braid-2 and PLT-310 as descibed above. Wrap the affected area plus enough to provide for a good seal as described previously.
- Common sense tells us that if oil or fuel is present; there is a potential fire hazard.
- Removal of any such accelerants is the first step to proper care and maintenance of our Insulrap products. If you don’t think it can be repaired properly.
THEN REPLACE IT!!!